We are seeking to grow our Support Team and to hire a Support Officer, who will be responsible to monitor and maintain a wide variety of products and solutions within the Maritime Satellite Communications Industry. Tasks include diagnosing software/hardware and technical problems, configuring different systems to suit customers’ requirements and being as efficient as possible in his/her resolution time.
The main job purpose of the Support Officer is to provide technical and network problem resolution to the end-user (customers) by performing a question diagnosis while guiding users through step-by-step solutions. When necessary, the Support Officer will follow specific procedures to escalate technical problems to the System Engineer.
This is a critical and important role to the company because the Support Officer represents the organization and is the direct point of contact for our customers, during critical moments.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Research and identify solutions when software and hardware issues occur.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including account setup and network configuration relating to Tototheo products.
- Ask customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem.
- Track issues through to resolution, within agreed time limits.
- Guide the end-user through a series of actions, either via phone or email, until they’ve solved a technical issue.Properly escalate unresolved issues to the System Engineer.
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to the customer.
- Refer to internal database or external resources to provide accurate tech solutions.
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time.
- Follow up with clients to ensure proper functionality of services and solutions provided.
- Maintain and develop a solid professional relation with existing and new clients.
- Handle after office tasks when required.
- A Degree in Computer Science, Computer Network Administration, Information Systems Management or adequate experience in a similar position.
- Experience in the Maritime industry will be considered as an advantage.
- Networking & Knowledge of services and protocols such as DNS, HTTP, SMTP, STP, SNMP, DHCP.
- Some exposure to Linux (Debian) will be considered as an advantage.
- Working experience with security appliances, primarily FortiNet devices.
- Base understanding of Cyber Security concepts.
- Knowledge of setting up wireless networks and Access Points.
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions.
- The ability to assess and modify your own approach when speaking to customers.
- The ability to deal with difficult calls whereby the caller may not have English as a first language.
- The ability to provide good analysis, sometimes at a short notice, due to the urgency of each requirement from the customers.
- Experience with monitoring solutions and procedures.
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal.
- Excellent knowledge of the English Language.
- Good communication skills (written and oral).
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability to juggle a range of different tasks and to work extra hours to meet deadlines.