The Customer Service Officer is responsible to receive and respond to all inquiries related to the sales of spare parts/equipment and ensure safe and timely delivery to the customer. Communicate and receive offers from suppliers for the spare/equipment required at the best price possible, having in mind the best interest of our company and our customers.
Also, the Officer is responsible of ordering products that agree with their customer. Their duties include maintaining relationships with Suppliers and placing orders for products based on client needs.
Coordinate all shipments in collaboration with Logistics for the successful delivery of orders to the destination of interest.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives and records sales inquiries in the company electronic system.
- Communicates with several suppliers and subcontractors to obtain the best offer.
- Provides quotations to customers for applicable charges according to their requirements.
- Assists to maintain price lists and discount matrixes from suppliers and each customer.
- Assists to evaluate suppliers on regular basis based on the volume of sales requested and maintaining a list of approved/preferred suppliers.
- Assists to evaluate suppliers on regular basis based on the frequency of purchases and volume.
- Assists to maintain a list of approved/preferred suppliers.
- Ensures close contact with Logistics to ensure availability of requested spares or equipment.
- Communicates with Logistics and ensure that all required information is shared (quantity of spares inquired, customer contact details etc.) appropriately and the Logistics will follow up with the customer to deliver the order.
- If applicable, communicates with Logistics to deliver necessary parts or equipment requested from technicians.
- Ensures that all delivered orders have been invoiced with collaboration with the Accounts Department.
- Maintains good knowledge of the company’s electronic systems and databases.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of the company’s products and services.
- Maintains good communication and cooperation with other departments.
- Handles after office hours tasks when required.
- Excellent knowledge of the English Language.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Customer service orientation.
- Ability to express yourself and communicate thoughts in a clear and organized manner.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office.
- Computer literacy.
- Demonstrated ability to form, lead and develop high-performing teams.
- Ability to analyze and enhance current processes through the implementation of best practices.
- Creative and strategic thinker, with the skills, experience, and passion to scale, with efficiency, the Customer Service Department.
- Detail-oriented, accuracy and well-organized, with the ability to effectively manage a high-volume workload.
- Able to prioritize the tasks of the department according to the company’s and customer’s needs.
- Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions.
- Self-motivated with the ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Very good coordination skills.
- Flexibility to complete both low-level operative activities as well as higher-level managerial tasks.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the link between his/her own job responsibilities and overall organizational goals.
- A Degree in Management, Shipping or related areas or adequate previous experience in a similar position.