We are seeking to grow our Customer Care team with a highly motivated individual.
The Customer Care Service Desk Agent will be responsible for managing the support queue within the company’s ticketing system and monitoring all technical support case priorities to ensure they are handled as per the company’s internal procedures. This includes monitoring incoming emails and answering incoming calls, logging new and updating existing cases and keeping customers and engineers updated with fault resolution progress.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Always deliver a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles.
- Take ownership of all logged problems, faults and queries and ensure they are handled as per the company’s internal procedures.
- Log calls correctly within the company support ticketing and logging system.
- Proactively escalate more complex issues through the appropriate channels internally and externally to ensure the best service to the customer.
- Provide detailed weekly and monthly reports of closed cases and outstanding issues.
- Monitor priority levels associated with each case to manage and ensure all cases are handled within the applicable internal procedures and according to customer expectations.
- Ensure third-party service providers receive all the required information to resolve a reported issue and provide timely updates to internal and external customers accordingly.
- Escalate customers’ problems to management as required and provide as much information as possible.
- When required, liaise with other departments, and raise the appropriate administrative work and/or process with the correct information for them to be able to follow up on the case. Follow through with the progress on the task and update the necessary database and/or ticketing system. Follow up with customers to ensure tasks are completed and within the agreed timeframe.
- Proactively follow up with customers who are gathering additional information or testing solutions proposed by the support team. Close the case after the agreed time or pass the case back to the engineers once the information is received.
- Nightly customer updates. All unassigned Priority level 2 customers in the queue should be called to advise them they will be picked up the following day. Any Priority level 3 customer approaching the 5-day limit should also be called for the same reason. In each case, these should also be assigned to an appropriate engineer.
- Weekly reporting on the output of the team. These reports should be used to highlight trends within a product e.g., the same fault is being raised by one or more customers also to escalate re-accruing faults within a single customer.
- Excellent knowledge of the English Language.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office.
- Computer literacy.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Decisiveness and good judgement to prioritize, categorize and address incidents, and change requests on a first-level support basis.
- Ability and motivation to guide team members in making consistent progress with pending tickets/cases.
- Strategic mindset for daily and weekly task allocation, progress follow up and escalations.
- Proactively escalate complex issues through the appropriate channels internally and externally to ensure expected customer service levels.
- Ability to effectively manage, delegate and follow up with a high-volume workload.
Would be considered an advantage if the candidate has:
- Experience with ITSM software.
- Understanding of the Shipping industry.
- Experience in a similar role such as – assistant coordinator, administrative assistant, or relevant support role.
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in administrative or IT studies.